Help - I forgot my Forum password

How to do stuff with the Forum! Custom time display, post pictures, retrieving a forgotten password, updating your callsign username, etc
Forum rules
By registering any account on vklogger.com, you are accepting the Terms Of Use ("TOU").
The TOU may be viewed at: http://www.vklogger.com/tou.php

Help - I forgot my Forum password

Postby ADMIN » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I often get emails for help because members have forgotten their password for the Discussion Forums.

To make this clear, I cannot read your password - it's stored in an encrypted format - so there is no point in asking me what your password is.
If you have a bad memory, I would suggest using a p/w you can remember, or write it down somewhere so you can refer to it later.

The administrator does NOT manage your passwords on your behalf - this is your responsibility, and is easy to do.

In the event you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve your password quite easily:

1) Go to the login page

2) Click on the "I forgot my password" link.

3) Fill in your username (should be your callsign) and email address, then Submit.
A temporary password will be sent to your email address in your profile, so you can sign in.
It is recommended you immediately change this temporary password (via User Control Panel, link found top-left) to something you will remember.

Obviously, for this to work, you are required to keep your profile details update.
Read as: ensure your profile email addresses is always correct and valid.

:D
VK Logger Administrator
ADMIN
Dumb Schmuck with a target on his back

Re: Help - I forgot my Forum password

Postby ADMIN » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm

BUMP!

Guys, I am honestly getting fed up with people asking me to "reset" their passwords, or to delete their account so they can re-register.
This is happening with monotonous regularity.
Nor does it fix the real underlying problem.

VK Logger users are responsible for managing their own passwords.

For the Forum; please use the "I forgot my password" link on the log in page.

Please keep your email address up to date in your Forum account, so you can use this functionality should that be required.

If you are not sure if you have kept your account details up to date - check now!

You should be aware that passwords are case sensitive.
If you are unable to login, check your CAPS LOCK key in the first instance.

If you are having problems, please refer to the relevant help topics.

Thank you.
VK Logger Administrator
ADMIN
Dumb Schmuck with a target on his back

Return to Help - Discussion Forum