Pirated Callsigns on DX Summit

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
Forum rules
By registering any account on vklogger.com, you are accepting the Terms Of Use ("TOU").
The TOU may be viewed at: http://www.vklogger.com/tou.php

Pirated Callsigns on DX Summit

Postby VK4DDC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I have just been sent a copy of a transcript from http://www.dxsummit.fi/CustomFilter.asp ... omRange=50 that occurred last night.
The rubbish that was posted on that site supposedly between VK4DDC and VK4ZJB was using a pirated callsign (mine), as I have never ever been on that site.
So I have started action to trace the person responsible for illegally using my callsign.
Regards....................Brian VK4DDC
Attachments
VK4ZJB DXSummit comments 140420.jpg
VK4DDC
Forum Novice

Re: Pirated Callsigns on DX Summit

Postby VK4GHZ » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Brian, this carry on has been going on for several weeks now.
My callsign has been pirated on several occasions as well.

Any callsign ending with -@ should be ignored.

OH DX Summit and KST chat have become a playground for this type of childish behavior.

It's not a good look for 6 meters, or Australian hams in general.

It's best to completely ignore it.
They're looking for attention and nibbles back.
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Postby VK4DDC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Thanks Adam, had no idea this rubbish was going on. I, will as always ignore this type of rubbish, with the exception of naming those responsible.
Thanks................Brian
VK4DDC
Forum Novice

Postby VK3HJ » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Any posting callsign appearing on DXSummit with a "@" simply means the spot was posted from a user of DXSummit.
The DX Cluster network spam and impersonation problem results from the DX Cluster network sysops refusal to apply proper security with access only by registered users logging in. The anonymous crap posted on the Cluster Network has been a problem for some time.
Because there are so many access points, and most allow anonymous user logins, the network itself is compromised.
I've not seen any problem on the ON4KST chat, or at least the Low Bands chat, which is the only one I use.
Ignore the idiots. Don't pay them any attention. That is all they seek. That's the troll's life.
Luke VK3HJ
VK3HJ
Forum Diehard

It goes around

Postby VK3ZAZ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am

My turn now someone dropped this guy on his head.

everyone at some stage or other ha shad a bitch about 6M goings on.

This will be someone you know who has his nose out of joint over someone beating him.

What goes around comes around and these idiots are too stupid and trip themselves up

It is pointless chasing IP addresses

You looked for 78.129.148.101

Region: N/A
City: N/A
Postal Code: N/A
Latitude/Longitude: 54.000000 / -2.000000
ISP: "RapidSwitch Ltd"
Organization: "RapidSwitch Ltd"
Host Name: N/A
IP address is numbered 78.129.148.101. This IP address is affiliated with United Kingdom. IP Country code is GB. IP address is assigned to "RapidSwitch Ltd". In organization "RapidSwitch Ltd". IP address longitude is -2.0 and latitude is 54.0.
Tread your own path :om:
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Postby VK3ZAZ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 am

VK4DDC wrote:Thanks Adam, had no idea this rubbish was going on. I, will as always ignore this type of rubbish, with the exception of naming those responsible.
Thanks................Brian

Some have been Brian makes no difference what-so-ever

The amateur code has slipped heaps
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Postby VK3ZAZ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am

VK3HJ wrote:Any posting callsign appearing on DXSummit with a "@" simply means the spot was posted from a user of DXSummit.
The DX Cluster network spam and impersonation problem results from the DX Cluster network sysops refusal to apply proper security with access only by registered users logging in. The anonymous crap posted on the Cluster Network has been a problem for some time.
Because there are so many access points, and most allow anonymous user logins, the network itself is compromised.
I've not seen any problem on the ON4KST chat, or at least the Low Bands chat, which is the only one I use.
Ignore the idiots. Don't pay them any attention. That is all they seek. That's the troll's life.
Luke VK3HJ

Just type in VK4ZJB

Its been going on for weeks and really started because people cannot leave keyboard alone and bite.
Me included.

Biggest wish now is to be left alone.
Worst thing I ever did was apply for 6M dxcc :mrgreen:
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Return to 50 MHz